Top banner ads vs interstitials - Top banners are better.

Plenty of great ideas coming from this forum, let’s put them all in one place.

Top banner ads vs interstitials - Top banners are better.

Postby nostate » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:02 pm

I know it seems like the interstitial ads would be better because they pay more. But surprisingly, they're not. Not to me, anyway.

My friends and readers contact me often and tell me they don't like seeing some of the ads which come up under interstitial. They hit the back button just as soon as one of those pages which are nothing more than a ridiculous flashing banner screaming "DOWNLOAD NOW," or some other scumbaggery. I will not purposefully allow any more lowlives to try and get their malware garbage downloaded to my readers' computers anymore. I hate cheaters and spammer scum in ways which I cannot describe. They are the types of jackwagons that pretty much screw up everything good about the Internet. And I shall be complicit in their criminality no more.

Then there are the cheaters who use frame-breakers to cheat the system. We don't get credit for those at all. Admin likely doesn't either. Those folks are good for noone. I hope those cheaters who use framebreakers catch a raging case of face herpes and the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits and nostrils. I hope how I feel about those sorts comes through clearly. I hope one of them comes to this post, reads my words and hates me for them. I don't want to be liked by evil people. I want them to hate me, or I have failed as a human being.

The top banner ads are less intrusive and so you get less back buttons and they allow less room for cheaters scumbag frauds to play their pathetic little games with my readers. The interstitials result in far too many abandons and so we don't get credit for them anyway. So just go with the top banner ads. Your net earnings will increase, even though it seems it would be the other way around. Ignore the voice of greed. Greed kills.

That's just my 2 cents. What are your thoughts? Do your readers give you feedback?
nostate
Registered Member

Re: Top banner ads vs interstitials - Top banners are better

Postby rayzormusic » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:24 pm

I personally knew this, and realize that this happens on my website too, and I totally understand that irritation. I don't link those adds that show either, but let me ask you....how much have you made on top visited link?
rayzormusic

Postby kamalbatra » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Kartik how to use backlink?
kamalbatra

Postby adfly » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:41 am

The Top Banners are certainly an option not to be ignored.

I think in regards to revenue - it really depends on your main countries.
adfly
Site Admin

Postby seacow » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:15 pm

adfly wrote:The Top Banners are certainly an option not to be ignored.

I think in regards to revenue - it really depends on your main countries.

Then again, if no one clicks on your links or sticks around for 5 seconds, you're not earning anything. It would be better to have a a lot of low payouts over a few larger payouts.
seacow

Return to Ideas and Suggestions