What's TE Which didnt ban your Adfly link?

Discuss legitimate methods of obtaining traffic to send to adf.ly
Forum rules
This is a place for discussing legitimate ways to get people to click on your AdF.ly links, it is NOT a place to advertise sites to make money on the Internet. E.g. PTC sites. Any posts like that will be deleted and accounts removed. Read the forum rules Here and Here before posting.

Re: What's TE Which didnt ban your Adfly link?

Postby mazuki » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:41 pm

i got suspended too form twitter because of SPAM report abuse...so, you can't promote adf.ly using twitter...they banned you soon...
mazuki

Postby adfly » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:03 pm

There doesn't appear to be any hard rules with this - there certainly are people using adf.ly on Twitter without a problem. Our interpretation is that 'excessive' advertising (adf.ly or anyone else) gets you suspended.

Unfortunately Twitter refuse to comment.

We will shortly be experimenting with other optional advertising formats, popup unders and an advertising frame. Maybe this will be the solution, but if Twitter are simply focused on refusing their users to generate any revenue through their site, there isn't much we or anyone can do about it.
adfly
Site Admin

Postby 18Seconds » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:16 pm

I use a landing page with my ad.fly link. I own 5 TE's, and I put the landing page on the PTC section of my sites, and people click it to open in a new window, so they still get paid.

My landing page is just a short link that tells them it's an ad.fly URL and that it will open in a new window. When they click the link, they see the ad.fly page.

Amanda
18Seconds

Postby juanjoportable » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Hit2Hit and Autovisitas banned it too :(

Can we do a list of TE that accept adf.ly?
I don't know a TE that accept adf.ly

Thanks!!
juanjoportable

Postby Haecceitas » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:01 pm

So apparently it is acceptable from Adfly's point of view to use Adfly links in traffic exchanges? I assumed that if they can't be used on PTC sites, they can't be used in TEs either, but I guess I was wrong? Also, am I correct in supposing that putting Adfly links on a page that gets PTC traffic (rather than as the page that gets the PTC traffic) is OK?
Haecceitas

Postby tixepower » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:20 am

Stop being so stupid, they got framebreaking code now.
tixepower

Postby Haecceitas » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:07 am

I see nothing stupid about my questions. (Well, perhaps that's because I'm too stupid to realize they're stupid! :lol: )

I do realize that the frame breakers are currently a problem, but that doesn't mean that there are no valid reasons to ask about this. For example, one can still use adfly links on banners and text ads in traffic exchanges withot any problem with the frame breakers. But if TEs were totally unacceptable from Adfly's point of view, there might well be a policy that would automatically disqualify earnings in cases where the traffic originates from known TE URLs.
Haecceitas

Postby fm3nd3z » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:22 am

just use other shorting services and hide your link that way ... :) ... helps ME :P
fm3nd3z

Postby adfly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:52 am

These services have their rules for a reason, as do we - do not attempt to side step them as you'll just end up getting banned.

Putting adf.ly on a PTC site is definitely not allowed.

Our terms of service clearly state:

You agree to not use the Service to:

(p) offer any form of incentive to users who click on an adf.ly link, not limited to points/bonus/money/gifts/traffic or link exchange.
adfly
Site Admin

Postby singlemommy88 » Wed May 26, 2010 11:56 pm

I am glad I ran into this topic before I tried the link shortening bid on twitter. Sorry you guys got suspended.. Thank you for sharing the info to prevent some of us from doing the same thing. I hope you can get your accounts back up.
singlemommy88

PreviousNext

Return to Gaining Traffic Methods