Hello, new advertiser here with a question about conv.

A place for the advertisers to chat and ask questions, because of course - without them - adf.ly would not exist!

Postby pacmanpacks » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:29 pm

I just began to run ads with adf.ly but there is something that I do not understand:

What is conv. ?

I mean: I pay for people to see my ads, so how will this somehow "convert" (I just guess that is what it means) money back to me? . . . Or is this about something else entirely?

:-S
pacmanpacks

Re: Hello, new advertiser here with a question about conv.

Postby Remo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:58 am

Hi,As far as adv. is concerned,you must get ideas on generating referrals, using references, and stimulating word of mouth marketing to build your business with the Inc.com guide to Customer Driven Marketing.
Remo

Postby pacmanpacks » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Remo wrote:Hi,As far as adv. is concerned,you must get ideas on generating referrals, using references, and stimulating word of mouth marketing to build your business with the Inc.com guide to Customer Driven Marketing.

Hello, thank you for the reply.

I just ordered 10$ of ads to try it (and spread my forum around the net), but getting a little of that money back would always be nice - the problem just is that I have no clue what you are talking about, no point of refrence what so ever :-/

Could you (or someone else) please give me an example on how to do this?

thank you.
pacmanpacks

Postby fjworld » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:07 pm

Let me try and see if I can help us both better understand what you are asking.

You said...
I just began to run ads with adf.ly but....

You mean you purchased adverting from adf.ly or you purchased from another source to advertise your adf.ly links?

You said...
I mean: I pay for people to see my ads, so how will this somehow "convert".....

You cannot pay people to look at an ad that uses an adf.ly url.

pacmanpacks wrote:
Hello, thank you for the reply.

I just ordered 10$ of ads to try it (and spread my forum around the net), but getting a little of that money back would always be nice - the problem just is that I have no clue what you are talking about, no point of refrence what so ever :-/

Could you (or someone else) please give me an example on how to do this?

thank you.

Here is an example....

Let us assume you are an expert in making Tennis Rackets. You write an article about Tennis Rackets. You advertise that article all over the internet. In that article you place some links that take readers to a site that sells Tennis Rackets. The links you use in the article are links you create using your adf.ly account. So now when readers of your article click the links in the article you make money within your adf.ly account. Also, when the readers reach your advertised destination, your Tennis Racket site, the reader may become a paying customer. So by tracking the link activity you start to get information about conversion.

I hope that helps and please realize that understanding the true value of conversion is a big topic. It is a bigger topic when you include extra steps. For example adf.ly may turn away some readers and they will not reach your final destination. That is if you main goal was selling Tennis Rackets.
fjworld

Postby pacmanpacks » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:27 am

ok, thank you - i should have checked this topic before using 20 more $ on this - but hey: It is working VERY well on TRAFIC to my forum, and I would like to write an article for adf.ly about how I went from about 2.5 millions on Alexia.com to atm. 1.4 millions just after using 7 $ on ads

http://imageshack.us/a/img690/6148/72263157.png

:-O - Seems to be working very well as it is, but I will think about a way to next time use a public topic I write at my forum for the add and then use adfly links in it to see what happens.

Thank you so much for your reply.
pacmanpacks

Postby Brendern » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:01 am

Well I have no idea about this post so I am unable to share my experiences on this matter. I would be going through these details and then I would share my experiences.
Brendern

Return to Advertisers